Sunday 3 February 2013

South West Division 2


Sunday 3rd February was South West League Division 2, and unfortunately I have to write a post about it. Don’t worry, if you feel like you’ve gone as far as you can with this one already I wouldn’t judge you for leaving.

So it was a polo tournament, and the worst part of it was that my alarm was set for 0640. It went off this morning (Sunday) and I had this impending thought that it was Monday and that I had work. When I realised I was waking up for polo the thought transformed into a nightmare. I got a lift to Milfield School, which is the venue for the competition, with Phil. Now this school is something else, the grounds are huge and the pool is amazing. However there are creepy photos of the kids in the pool area; these photos are arty and look as though the photographer is chucking buckets of water around. Real weird.

The team I was playing for was Cardiff B, and we were playing a couple Bristol teams, a Bath team and then a couple teams that call themselves something other than where they’re from. I dunno why they do this, it’s not big and it’s not cool. It just makes them sound lame, an example being Ninja Beavers. I have Googled this however and there seems to be a significant amount of Ninja Beaver images:

Ha, a beaver wouldn't be able to tie a bandanna around it's head 

 So, the polo;
 Well this happened,

And then this, although this one is a foul

This chap reached for the ball, he may or may not have eventually got it.

This guy swam. If you played canoe polo you would know that this is embarrassing.

This is just a arty photo to spruce up the post

As for Cardiff; we won 2, drew 2 and lost one. However the one we lost was a scratch game, so in reality we won that one 3-0; isn't that exciting?

I would say that I hoped you enjoyed the post, but it would be comparable to asking someone who had just paid to see The Hobbit in the cinema whether they enjoyed that. They clearly wouldn't have, and the icing on the cake would have been the extraordinarily expensive ticket prices that cinemas seem to charge now-a-days.

No comments:

Post a Comment